Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gift boxes

I decided to choose this craft as my first post because I needed to wrap my friend's birthday present. I chose not to use wrapping paper because it is a tremendous waste. According to the Clean Air Council 4 million tons of logs are turned into wrapping paper for Americans each year. Of course, I can hope my friend will reuse it, but I decided I can do even better. I took a shoe box, and covered it in cute pictures and messages from magazines. I got so into it that I started decorating jewelry boxes for other gifts instead of wrapping them, and made another big box for my mom's birthday. I think they turned out really well, and the box for my friend turned into a present in itself! Instead of using new wrapping paper, I reused (instead of just recycled) old boxes and magazines, a double win!










No comments:

Post a Comment